Shift : ALL
Security Clearance: No Clearance
We are currently recruiting for (1) Support Specialist (Program/Production). Hours are 0600 to 1500 Mon-Fri. Vaccination are encouraged not mandated.
Performs specific Programs/Production support duties in accordance with established procedures, instructions, and work routines. Performs data input, extraction, analysis, and development in support of Waterfront Operations departmental functions. Ability to take on and track multiple contracts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Regular, reliable onsite attendance is an essential function of this job
- Responsible for office organization for teams assigned
- Provides support in the development, implementation, and marketing of program/project function.
- Serves as a principal liaison between Programs, other departments, and/or external constituencies on day-to-day operational and administrative issues; facilitates training, meetings, special projects, and problem resolution.
- Reviews, verifies for accuracy , and submits condition reports to the government
- Aware of requirements per standardization provided per the Government and submit reports in correlation
- Maintains, verifies accuracy, and updates all required report logs
- Provides support in development of schedules and charts
- Assists with condition report writing as appropriate to the objectives and per contract
- Perform specialized activities per contract requirements
- Able to supervise tasks and train others
- Requires professionalism daily with face-to-face interaction with Government, contractors, and employees
- Requires maintenance of specialized or sensitive information records keeping, database management, spreadsheets, etc.
- Requires coordination and records keeping for issuing vehicle passes, badges, property control forms, camera and laptop passes
- Requires knowledge of resources and processes for specific industrial policies and directives
- Requires a high level of quality control of information and prodigious follow through
- Able to obtain a CAC and/or DBIDS badge
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Able to arrange logistics for, participate in, set-up and tear down department meetings and conferences including travel requisitions
- Observe and support NASSCO-Norfolk Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety policies
- Operate business machines such as calculators, copiers and fax machines
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A/BS in Business Administration or related academic field of study or
- AA/AS plus 1 year of related experience or 3 years directly related experience
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, with emphasis on Excel
- Experience in making professional presentations
- Must be self-motivated, proactive, able to self-manage, and have strong interpersonal skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Successfully demonstrated knowledge of NASSCO’s policies and procedures
- Ability to obtain Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) within 6 months
- Must be able to climb vertical ladders and scaffolding, and work at heights. Must be physically able to commute to various areas of shipyard.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to dust, welding/burning fumes, and smoke. The noise level is usually moderate to extremely noisy, which may include sirens, horns, chipping, and hammering.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Accountable to Program Analyst supervisor and deck plate designated Ship Manager; Results are related to the quality and timeliness of achieving project goals and ability to develop, implement, and/or adhere to processes that maximize productivity and throughput of information and resources