Parts of the Job:
- Inspect condition of furniture in preparation for lamination to ensure quality laminate work.
- Use hand tools: Knife, Chisel, Drill, Combination square, etc.
- Use power tools shut as table saw, belt sander etc.
- Assemble metal cabinetry.
- Laminate Cabinet surfaces.
- Grain matching Laminate: Drawer fronts, Doors, Bulkheads, etc.
- Knowledge of Reveals and how to achieve the proper Gaps on Doors & Drawers: full overlay, half overlay, Inset, Side mount, Under mount etc.
- Trimming out cabinetry.
- Provide quality checks on finished product (post-assembled) to ensure laminate is in good condition
- Problem solving, knowing how to navigate through the drawings and spot flaws that may cause a rebuild if overlooked.
- Control inventory used in laminate shop.
- Engage in good housekeeping and being responsible for cleanliness of laminate shop.
- Maintain safety standards in the laminate shop and report issues in lighting, ventilation, and other concerns to supervisor.
- Keep current MSDS lists in laminate shop for products being used.
- Willing to perform other duties assigned by Supervisor/Management
- Follow safety guidelines and comply with OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) requirements.
- Must be able to lift 60+ lbs
- Must be able to safely work with hand tools & Machinery: Table saw, Chop saw, Bandsaw, Drill press, Routers, Edge sander, etc.
- Must have own hand tools: Hammer, Drill, Tape measure, Knife, Squares, Chisels, Nail setter, etc.
- Self-motivated and willing to work as a team member ·