Tidewater Staffing is seeking a Warehouse Manager for a Client in Norfolk Area. This is a TEMP-to-HIRE opportunity.
Responsible for coordinating and supervising all warehouse activities of an assigned work team on a shift basis by directing assigned employees in the receiving, warehousing, and shipping of customer product in a manner consistent with service and cost objectives.
- Based On Experience
- Biweekly Pay
- 1st and 2nd Shifts Available
Warehouse Supervisor duties include but not limited to:
- Monitor performance and supervise the work of employees.
- Supervise and coordinate the most efficient unloading of inbound shipments, orderly stacking of product, and the picking, packing and staging of outbound shipments in accordance with the highest possible levels of quality.
- Responsible for the cross communication between shifts.
- Ensure the efficient and safe operation of all materials handling equipment.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area; ensure all security policies and procedures are followed.
- Enforces, and maintains safety standards, policies, practices, and procedures in order to comply with laws and regulations and minimize accidents and injuries; assists in the ongoing company safety programs.
- Provides ongoing training and retraining of employees to ensure that they are prepared to meet or exceed the productivity standards for their function.
- Follow all Company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties assigned.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment with a high sense of urgency and personal initiative, while maintaining good coordination and communication with the management team.
- Computer proficient using MSOffice, ERP, WMS and/or inventory management software
- Strong interpersonal, written and communication skills.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, read a pick ticket, scanner information, labels and accurately pull/pack orders.
- Must be able to walk, stand, squat, bend, twist and kneel for 8+ hours.
- Must be willing to be trained and drive a forklift, SP or TSP equipment.
- Must be able to work in excessive heat and cold temperatures.
- Must be able to work overtime and occasional weekends.
Warehouse Supervisor Requirements:
- HS diploma, associates’ degree Preferred.
- 3+ years supervisory experience in a warehouse, distribution or manufacturing environment.
Tidewater Staffing Offers:
- Weekly Pay
- Full-Time Employment
- Multiple Shifts
- Insurance Benefits
- Long-term Job Opportunities
- OSHA Training | Training Programs
- Direct Deposit | Money Network Cards