Removes rust, loose paint, clean metal and prepares metal surfaces on marine crafts for painting by use of
40,000 PSI Water blasting equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Assemble water blasting equipment, hoses and place in required location.
Set up required water containment boundaries.
Operates lifting devices to move equipment or materials to access areas to be water blasted.
Water blast surfaces using all required environmental and safety controls.
Disassemble water blasting equipment, hoses and store properly.
- Working knowledge of techniques used in the preparation of steel surfaces for painting, such as
requirements for SSPC.
- Individual must have C-13 and have a min. of 1 years experience in the marine water blasting field.
- Must be able to carry a load of about 50 lbs. Climb stairways, vertical and inclined ladders. Crawl in tanks
and voids. Kneeling, standing, crouching and stooping. Must be able to use hands and arms for long
periods of time.
- Shipyard environment involving working in cramped quarters, high places, hazardous conditions, loud
noises wearing specialized protective equipment.
Tidewater Staffing Offers:
- Weekly Pay
- Full-Time Employment
- Insurance Benefits
- Referral Bonus Program
- Temp-to-Hire Job Opportunities
- Free Training Programs
- Direct Deposit | Money Network Cards