Compensation: $20 – $30 an hour – Compensation is based on experience and skill level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to the following. Other duties as
- Must understand SMAW, FCAW, and GMAW.
- Must be able to certify in all positions
- Carbon Steel
- SMAW Full Penetration weld with permanent backing (ceramic and metal)
- FCAW Full Penetration weld with permanent backing (ceramic and metal)
- GMAW Full Penetration weld with permanent backing (ceramic and metal
- Minimum of three years of experience in structural welding.
- Must be able to: Pass an FCAW and SMAW Certification Test for structural welders
consisting of 3/8" beveled plate with backing strip, horizontal, vertical, and overhead.
- Proficient in the use of cutting torch, plasma arc, and cutting machines.
- Prior experience working off lifts or staging.
- Prior Rigging experience is a plus.
- The ability to pass non-destructive weld testing (i.e. X-ray, sonogram) is a plus
Must have (2) or more years of experience
US work authorization (Required)
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Shift – Day (nights may and can be required based on schedule and work load)
Work is performed in both offices and customer facilities, shipyards and vessels.
Must be able to access all areas of shipyard and company property including shipyard and
shipyard offices, dry-docks and terminals in all types of weather conditions. Use of safety
equipment, such as hard hat and safety glasses and steel toed shoes is required. Some overtime
and on-call status is required and employee may be required to work more than normal 40 hour
week, including weekends. Regular and predictable attendance is required of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit/stand, walk,
climb and kneel, use hands or fingers, handle and feel; talk, hear and see with close vision. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Must have the ability to move
easily between buildings, ascend/descend stairs and go outdoors in construction sites in all kinds
of weather, and be able to climb ladders and over bulwarks for vessel site visits.
Base Access: Must be able to obtain and maintain access to U.S Military bases and private
shipyards for performance of job duties.
Tidewater Staffing Offers:
- Weekly Pay
- Full-Time Employment
- Insurance Benefits
- Referral Bonus Program
- Temp-to-Hire Job Opportunities
- Free Training Programs
- Direct Deposit | Money Network Cards