We are looking for a talented Diesel Technician to join our team specializing in engine repairs for our Distribution client in Chesapeake, VA.
8am-5pm starting at $20/hr
The primary duties of a Diesel Mechanic include performing diagnostic tests on diesel vehicles to find faults, analyzing diagnostic test results and repairing or replacing engine, steering, transmission, braking or lighting system components.
Diesel Mechanics need to be highly organized and communicate effectively, as they will be expected to maintain detailed records of serviced vehicles and interact with customers on a daily basis.
Diesel Mechanic Responsibilities:
• Running diagnostic tests on vehicles.
• Analyzing diagnostic test results.
• Replacing vehicle engines, steering mechanisms, transmissions and braking systems.
• Checking vehicle lighting systems.
• Test driving vehicles to gauge performance.
• Performing preventative maintenance on service trucks.
• Maintaining detailed records of serviced vehicles.
• Adhering to an inspection procedure checklist.
• Maintaining a parts inventory.
• Ensuring the cleanliness of the shop.
Diesel Mechanic Requirements:
• Degree or Diploma in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering preffered.
• ASE Diesel Certification advantageous.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Aptitude for mathematics and science.
• Advanced knowledge of diesel engine components.
• Good IT and diagnostic skills.
• Physically fit and able to lift up to 150 pounds.
• Proficiency with maintenance and repair tools.
• Attention to detail.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Excellent verbal communication skills.
• Good organization skills.
Tidewater Staffing Offers:
- Weekly Pay
- Full-Time Employment
- Insurance Benefits
- Referral Bonus Program
- Temp-to-Hire Job Opportunities
- Free Training Programs
- Direct Deposit | Money Network Cards