Tidewater Staffing is seeking a Ship Superintendent!!
- Weekly Pay
- Shifts to be discussed
Job duties include but not limited to:
- member of the Program Management Team
- manage a designated portion of a Navy surface ship repair package including the installation, modification, and repair of complex equipment and systems in Engineering, Crew Berthing, Electronic/Combat System Suites, and Mission Critical spaces.
- Ensure assigned work is completed on time and within established budgets.
- Resolve all problems that cannot otherwise be resolved by assigned craft supervision, as well as working with the customer, subcontractors, and other departments to keep a minimum of interferences and distractions from impacting the progression of work.
- Conduct ship checks. Attend meetings.
- Participate in and assist craft personnel in setting up production schedules and manpower projections by reading and interpreting detailed work items, drawings, and related budgeting and man-hour reports.
- Ensure craft supervision and subcontractors are aware of milestones, key events, and target dates for assigned work.
- Ability to assess production progress and discuss production status with the Project Management Team.
- Interface with other shipyard departments including Estimating, Quality Assurance and Testing, Environmental, and Production Support.
Requirements and qualifications:
- 5 Years experience working with U.S. Navy ship repair and modernization contracts.
- At least 3 of the 5 years should be in a supervisory / project management environment.
- High School or equivalent plus appropriate Trade / Armed Forces school + 5 years related experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Software Programs.
- Knowledge of shipboard work control procedures, tag out procedures, and Government Work Authorization Form (WAF) controls.
- Ability to develop, prepare, and recommend changes to the work flow process using the IDR (Inspection Discrepancy Report) process.
Tidewater Staffing Offers:
- Weekly Pay
- Full-Time Employment
- Multiple Shifts
- Insurance Benefits
- Long-term Job Opportunities
- OSHA Training | Training Programs
- Direct Deposit | Money Network Cards
Tidewater Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer*