Compensation: $20 – $33 an hour – Compensation is based on experience and skill level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to the following. Other duties as
- Familiar with various sheet metal types and sizes
- Measure appropriate size of sheet metal
- Read and understand basic drawings, sketches and written requirements
- Complete Habitability work while partnered with higher class mechanics
- Know various materials to include galvanized steel, aluminum, stainless steel, etc.
- Operate and use trade power tools
- Remove and contain the PCB chemical in gasket material
- Ventilation Fabrication
- Read sketches
- Assist advanced mechanics with fabrication process
- Fabricate most sheet metal items, vent, flashing, pans, boxes, etc.
- Learn how to fabricate miscellaneous items (such as bulkhead panels, boxes)
- Equipment Operation (begin training)
- Hand brakes and power brakes
- Sheers (sump and power sheers)
Must have three (2) or more years of experience
US work authorization (Required)
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Shift – Day (nights may and can be required based on schedule and work load)
Must be able to read, write and comprehend simple instructions
Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral or
diagram form. Must be able to calculate and understand units of measure, including fractions and decimals
Must know how to measure using a scale and tape measure
Must be able to function and operate hand tools and power tools with no assistance
Work is performed in both offices and customer facilities, shipyards and vessels.
Must be able to access all areas of shipyard and company property including shipyard and
shipyard offices, dry-docks and terminals in all types of weather conditions. Use of safety
equipment, such as hard hat and safety glasses and steel toed shoes is required. Some overtime
and on-call status is required and employee may be required to work more than normal 40 hour
week, including weekends. Regular and predictable attendance is required of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit/stand, walk,
climb and kneel, use hands or fingers, handle and feel; talk, hear and see with close vision. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Must have the ability to move
easily between buildings, ascend/descend stairs and go outdoors in construction sites in all kinds
of weather, and be able to climb ladders and over bulwarks for vessel site visits.
Base Access: Must be able to obtain and maintain access to U.S Military bases and private
shipyards for performance of job duties.
Tidewater Staffing Offers:
- Weekly Pay
- Full-Time Employment
- Insurance Benefits
- Referral Bonus Program
- Temp-to-Hire Job Opportunities
- Free Training Programs
- Direct Deposit | Money Network Cards