We are currently looking for a Field Service Technician to work for our Portsmouth, Virginia office and globally as required. The position will report to the Operations Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conduct services, participate in testing, commissioning, and annual & 5-year inspections on lifeboats and davit/winch systems globally.
- Complete service reports and delivers them to the Service Coordinator.
- Perform Safe Job Analysis according to the procedures and as advised by the Service Coordinator.
- Communicate with the Service Coordinator/Service Manager and the customer regarding the progress of the service job.
- Satisfactorily complete Marine In-house courses related to position/service missions.
- Diagnose, adjust, repair, or overhaul cranes and/ or Life Saving Equipment (LSE).
- Annual inspections on cranes.
- Assist Production Manager in Assembly/Productions when required.
- Apply electronically, hydraulically and mechanical theory and related knowledge to test and modify operational electrical machinery.
- Apply electronically control equipment and circuitry, hydraulically circuits and components, mechanical equipment
- Operate machine for test, inspection, diagnoses, and troubleshooting.
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or modification to ensure proper performance and compliance with the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts with original equipment manufacturer (OEM) spare parts and OEM repaired parts.
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools.
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on machines.
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear using relevant measuring devices.
- Read, understand and interpret operation manuals, parts manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings.
- Overhaul and test machines or equipment to ensure operating efficiency and safety integrity of the machine.
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.
- Understand and be able to communicate the basic SOLAS regulations that are applicable to the LSE and the processes the FSR is working with.
- Demonstrate the ability to take control of the job and able to communicate clearly with the client.
- Complete assigned paperwork as to procedures. Fill out all forms properly, including the customer’s signature where applicable.
- Work in accordance with the company’s latest Strategy, Quality Manual, HSE Policy, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Be willing to travel globally as required.
- Superior may delegate other tasks.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Technical background, with proven experience in hydraulic construction
- Marine/offshore experience
- Experience in Service Engineering
- Have sound theoretical knowledge of cranes/hydraulics/electrical knowledge in the marine/fishing industry environment and with 1 year of experience in hydraulics.
- Be able to support other product divisions.
- English is written and verbally
- The ability to communicate orally with management and other co-workers is important
- Passport with no travel restrictions
- Computer skills
- Clean driver’s abstract
- Regular use of a variety of measuring tools, the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential
- Standing or sitting for extended periods is common
- Hearing and vision within normal ranges are important to conversations
- Must be physically and mentally fit and prepared to travel away from home for periods to time
- Heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 100 lbs. of force occasionally may be required
- Have the ability to climb stairs into the boats and must not be afraid of heights.
- Personal Qualities: Organized / Structured
Tidewater Staffing Offers:
- Weekly Pay
- Full-Time Employment
- Insurance Benefits
- Referral Bonus Program
- Temp-to-Hire Job Opportunities
- Free Training Programs
- Direct Deposit | Money Network Cards