$25-$43/hr depending on location and experience
Preparation of marine crafts for painting. Prepares metal for painting by removing paint, rust, mill scale with 150 PSI sandblasting equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assemble sandblasting equipment, hoses and place in required location.
- Set up required negative ventilation.
- Sand blast surface using all required environmental and safety controls.
- Provide their own sand blasting hood and nozzles.
- Disassemble sandblasting equipment, hoses and store properly.
- Working knowledge of techniques used in the preparation of steel surfaces for painting, such as
requirements for SSPC SP-10, SSPC SP- 6, and SSPC SP-7.
- Individual must have 3 years experience in the Marine Sandblasting Field.
- Must be able to carry a load of about 50 lbs. Climb stairways, vertical and inclined ladders. Crawl in tanks
and voids. Kneeling, standing, sitting, crouching and stooping.
- Shipyard environment involving working in cramp quarters, high places, hazardous conditions, loud noises,
wearing specialized protective equipment, indoors or outdoors.
Tidewater Staffing Offers:
- Weekly Pay
- Full-Time Employment
- Insurance Benefits
- Referral Bonus Program
- Temp-to-Hire Job Opportunities
- Free Training Programs
- Direct Deposit | Money Network Cards