Job Description: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability desired. Assembles rigging to lift and move equipment or material in shipyard by performing the following duties. Must be able to follow directions and work with limited supervision. Must be willing to work with and train subordinates. SAFETY
Must comply with Company safety rules and OSHA standards. Must be physically and medically qualified to wear required personal protective equipment as prescribed under OSHA standards.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
Technically proficient in all tasks, work processes, and equipment. Accountable for completion of daily work assignments.
Works under close supervision or follows detailed instructions
Monitors working environment for compliance with quality, safety, environmental, and health regulations.
Must have working knowledge of procedures, strong mechanical ability, and be able to interpret crane load charts, wire rope load charts and synthetic sling load charts.
Selects cables, pulleys, winches, blocks, and sheaves, according to weight and size of load to be moved.
Attaches pulley and blocks to fixed overhead structures such as beams and ceilings with bolts and clamps.
Attaches load with lifting devices such as wires, nylon slings and chains to crane hook. Interprets blue prints.
Disassemble blocks and reassemble same, move equipment using skids, dollies and rollers. Ability to work any assigned shift and ability to work assigned overtime.
May be assigned tasks outside craft as required.
Must comply with the Company’s “Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment Policy” which expects that all relationships among persons in the workplace will be business like and free of bias, prejudice, and harassment
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Must complete practical demonstration of skills listed above.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations before customers, clients, or employees of organization. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
The ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure, whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals in U.S. and metric conversions.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems that may arise in certain situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Must be able to tour all vessels, piers, docks and work sites.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee is occasionally required to sit.
Specific requirements include the following:
1. Lift/push/pull 50 lbs to 100 lbs on an occasional basis (0-33% of the day).
2. Lift/push/pull up to 20 lbs on a frequent basis (34-66% of the day).
3. Demonstrate the ability to bend, squat crouch, crawl and kneel.
4. Demonstrate the ability to climb in a safe manner (climbing, includes stairs, scaffolding, ladders and ramps).
5. Perform prolonged standing (2-3 hours).
6. Able to work at a variety of levels (ex. Waist, eye, above head).
7. Demonstrate the ability to safely and appropriately use required tools and equipment.
8. Demonstrate good balance while working on uneven surfaces and maneuvering obstacles.
9. Posses sufficient handgrip and coordination to carry and operate tools and equipment.
10. Ability to utilize personal protective equipment (hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.) safely per OSHA standards.
11. Ability to withstand extreme temperatures (cold and hot).
12. Ability to enter 18” x 36” openings and work in confined spaces for prolonged periods of time (33-66% of the day).
13. Able to respond to verbal and audible sounds/commands.
14. Able to utilize adequate visual skills.
15. Ability to work at heights above 12’ while working from ladders, scaffolding and/or manlifts.
16. Ability to fully extend the arm while reaching overhead, reaching out, reaching to the side and reaching down.
17. Ability to perceive attributes of an object/material such as size, shape, temperature and texture by means of receptors in the hands and fingers.
18. Ability to turn head from side to side and about on the vertical axis.
19. Ability to turn body at the waist from side to side and about the vertical axis.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the environment varies from normal office environment to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and high places. The noise level in the shipyard environment is usually loud; office environment is usually low to moderate. The wearing of appropriate personal protective equipment mitigates risks associated with these conditions and is mandatory.
Tidewater Staffing Offers:
- Weekly Pay
- Full-Time Employment
- Insurance Benefits
- Referral Bonus Program
- Temp-to-Hire Job Opportunities
- Free Training Programs
- Direct Deposit | Money Network Cards