The Helper is responsible for accomplishing work in accordance with work specifications, safety, with the
highest quality, in a professional manner. Regular, reliable attendance on-site is an essential function of
Reports to the Rigging Shop Foreman / General Foreman.
II. POSITION DEMANDS (Education/Training)
● Must be able to set up and break down equipment, including helping Journeymen run hoses;
operate power tools; clean the work area and properly dispose of garbage, scrap and other
material as directed by supervisor.
● Must be able to accomplish the semi-skilled functions within the trade where assigned.
● Must be able to check out, deliver, return and properly care for the required material and tools
used in the trade.
● Must be able to identify and use the equipment and tools used in the trade.
● Must be able to perform preventive maintenance on shop machinery and equipment used in the
employee’s trade, such as lubricating machinery, checking fluid levels in equipment or making
minor adjustments as directed.
● Must be able to organize, arrange and maintain order in stockrooms and other material staging
● Must be able to ensure that you are working as safely and as productively as possible,
maintaining quality control at all times.
● Must have good housekeeping skills and be able to maintain a clean, hazard-free work
environment and to ensure that job site is left in a safe and clean condition prior to departure.
● Must be able to follow established policies and procedures, including but not limited to time
● Must be fully aware of emergency and evacuation procedures, to include muster locations and
the supervisors’ requirement to account for their personnel.
● Must be able to work well with others.
● Must be able to understand and follow written and verbal instructions in English.
● Must be able to perform job safely.
● Must be able to recognize and avoid potential safety hazards.
● Must know what personal protective equipment (PPE) to use and when.
● Must be able to navigate a ship and understand compartment designation, where applicable.
● Must have basic knowledge of math.
● Required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: operating machines where the job is
at or within arm’s reach or performing mechanical or skilled trades’ tasks of a non-repetitive
nature such as ones by electricians, technicians, service people, painters, mechanics, etc.
Tidewater Staffing Offers:
- Weekly Pay
- Full-Time Employment
- Insurance Benefits
- Referral Bonus Program
- Temp-to-Hire Job Opportunities
- Free Training Programs
- Direct Deposit | Money Network Cards