Position Summary The Rework position includes assignment at the various centers involved in the rework of material. The assigned areas involved are rip saw, hog, patch, and sanding. At times the rework maybe assigned to perform forklift duties. This position is also used on an as needed basis to assist at production machine centers.
Responsible for ripping boards inbound from the Edge Glue or Patch.
- Determine if the rip size and saw set up following outlined procedures.
- Must be able to set up the rip saw to meet specifications.
- Complete inbound and outbound production tags.
- Operate banding equipment to band designated hog material.
- Set up the patch work station by making sure the chemicals are mixed according to established specifications.
- Ability to identify defective board, make decisions as to patch method to be used.
- Prepare boards for patch by cleaning area, masking area and filling with patch.
- Operate router and/or hand planer as needed.
- Complete inbound and outbound production tags and color identification tags.
- Ability to assemble and disassemble patch gun, and flush system at end of shift,
Minimum Job Requirements
- Education: High School Diploma or G. E. D.
- Experience: Previous manufacturing experience desirable.
- Ability to lift, carry and stack boards up to 25 pounds.
- Specific Skills: Ability to read, write, read a tape measure and micrometer, and perform simple math.
- Specialized Knowledge and/or Licenses, etc.: Forklift license desired or the ability to be certified.
Tidewater Staffing Offers:
- Weekly Pay
- Full-Time Employment
- Insurance Benefits
- Referral Bonus Program
- Temp-to-Hire Job Opportunities
- Free Training Programs
- Direct Deposit | Money Network Cards