- Weekly Pay
- Shifts To Be Determined
Specific description of duties:
- Works directly Project Manager to ensure all inspections requirements are properly identified in the Quality Assurance Workbook.
- Utilizes knowledge of NAVSEA Standard Items, NAVSEA Technical Specification 9090-310, MIL-STDs and MIL-SPECs
- Objectively reviews on board installations and associated Objective Quality Evidence.
- Works directly with Production personnel to ensure that inspections are scheduled and performed as required.
- Trains Quality Control Inspectors (QCI) on proper inspection techniques and utilization of measuring devices.
- Conducts internal audits/surveillance to ensure adherence to company procedures/policy in the areas of quality, safety and training.
- Confers with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards/procedures.
- Conducts noise and air monitoring in accordance with identified processes.
- Reviews all data, ensuring that performance and quality of products conform to established company, International (ISO), and governmental regulatory standards and agency guidelines, and to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Develops, modifies, applies, and maintains quality standards, procedures and processes for shipboard application.
- Assists in managing company QMS though review and updates of procedures.
- Assists in developing/modifying Level II, III & IV QMS documents.
- Extensive experience with 29 CFR 1915, Occupational Safety and Health Standards for Shipyard Employment.
- Extensive experience with 40 CFR, Protection of Environment as it relates to various Reginal Maintenance Centers, Public and Private Shipyards through out the United States with regard to managing Hazardous Materials and Hazardous Waste.
- Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
- Must be physically capable to access and transverse all areas of a ship on a daily basis.
- Overtime is routinely required but not guaranteed
- Personal transportation required for local inspections. Travel outside the local area may be required, national and international
- Possession of an active State Driver’s License is required
- High School Diploma or equivalent and including one of the following time related field experience scenario criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years technical experience or Associates degree and 5 years US Navy/Coast Guard/Military Sealift Command service in an electrical rate or technical experience in installation, modification, field change, operation, maintenance, inspection, test, troubleshooting and repair of military electrical/electronic Command, Control, Communication, Computer, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance systems and equipment; or
- 5 years US Navy/Coast Guard/Military Sealift Command service in an electrical rate and 5 years Technical Experience in Shipbuilding/Repair Industry; or
- 10 years Technical Experience in Shipbuilding/Repair Industry; or 6 years of related NAVSEA Quality Assurance experience.
- NAVSEA Connector Certification
- NAVSEA Cableway Certification
- NAVSEA Fiber Optic QA/Supervisor Training
- OSHA 7615 Maritime Training 10hr Card
- Shipyard Competent Person
- Certified Asbestos Inspector
- Clearance up to Secret level required
Tidewater Staffing Offers:
- Weekly Pay
- Full-Time Employment
- Multiple Shifts
- Insurance Benefits
- Long-term Job Opportunities
- OSHA Training | Training Programs
- Direct Deposit | Money Network Cards
Tidewater Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer*