Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs Quality Control/Assurance and Field Inspections, as well as preparations of Inspection Reports and Sketches.
- Complete and document inspection results by completing reports and logs; summarizing re-work and waste.
- Maintains quality standards by approving incoming materials, in-process production, and finished products; recording quality results.
- Approves incoming materials by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; rejecting and returning unacceptable materials.
- Approves in-process production by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; communicating required adjustments to production supervisor.
- Approves finished products by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; returning products for re-work; confirming re-work.
- Coordination with Production, Customers and Third Party Surveyors as required.
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
Required Education & Experience:
- High School/GED preferred.
- Three to four years of Quality Control / NDT / NDE and/or NACE experience in a Fabrication Shop or a Shipyard or 5-6 years of Welding / Fitting experience in a Fabrication Shop or Shipyard.
- Open-air conditions such as noisy, hot, cold, as well as in an office controlled environment.
- Must wear hearing, eye, head protection and proper PPE.
- Some climbing (100 feet) and lifting (50 lbs.) involved.
- Traverse gangways and scaffolding at varying heights while wearing fall prevention equipment.
- Working with hot and sometimes hazardous materials.
- Aboard ships, rigs, both on and offshore as well as in confined spaces.
- The work may require standing on a variety of surfaces and at differing angles, bending over, crouching and climbing up and over obstructions such as scaffolding, ladders, and internal barge and boat structural members.Special Skills:
- NDE / NDT and/or NACE Skills preferred
- CWI or CSWIP Certification preferred
- Knowledge of Welding Materials and Codes/Specifications preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and understand codes/specifications, sketches, and technical manuals.
- Ability to work under deadlines and schedule pressures.
- Strong Organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High performance and a strong team player.
- Commitment to company values, policies and procedures and safety program.
Tidewater Staffing Offers:
- Weekly Pay
- Full-Time Employment
- Insurance Benefits
- Referral Bonus Program
- Temp-to-Hire Job Opportunities
- Free Training Programs
- Direct Deposit | Money Network Cards
Tidewater Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer*