Pipefitter job duties include but not limited to:
- Ensure work accomplish required job
- Ensure yard safety rules and regulations are carried out
- Layout, fabricate, assemble, install, repair and modify piping systems
- Ability to silver braze and thread is a plus.
- Must possess the ability to perform threading, soldering, gluing, welding and/or brazing of pipes and fittings
- 2+ years working experience in a shipyard/ship repair environment
- Must be able to obtain DBIDS credentials to work on Military bases
- Must be able to lift 50 to 70 lbs.
- High School Degree or Equivalent
Job duties include but not limited to:
- Inspect and prepare the area for work, taking special care if hot work is required. Verify gas free certifications and tag-outs, before commencing any work.
- Run lines and leads required to accomplish work. Accomplish drop test if using flammable or oxygen depleting gases.
- Inspect work for defects before turning the job over to welders. Correct fit-ups as required. Confer with supervision or journeyman before correcting deficiencies.
- Document existing conditions before commencing work and report conditions to the journeyman or supervisor.
- Remove damaged pipe in accordance with specifications and as directed by the journeyman or supervisor.
- Measure or template pipe for fabrication.
- Blank systems in accordance with standard Item 009-24 or other applicable safety standards.
- Fit up the new pipe using the proper fit up type in accordance with specifications.
- Ensure a strain free fit-up to pumps or other connecting equipment.
- Blank tanks and accomplish boundary air tests.
- Accomplish or verify Lock-out Tag-out requirements before commencing.
- Good balance while working on uneven surfaces and maneuvering obstacles.
- Must have four (4) years of pipefitting experience, two (2) of which in the maritime repair environment.
- Must have a working knowledge of Silver Brazing theory
- Must be able to interpret specifications and Navy/MSC/ABS standard items and manuals.
- Must have a working knowledge of ship repair terminology and ship compartment naming convention.
- Sufficient handgrip and coordination to carry and operate tools and equipment.
- Work at heights above 12’ from ladders, scaffolding, and manlifts.
- Lift/push/pull 50 lbs to 75 lbs
Tidewater Staffing Offers:
- Weekly Pay
- Full-Time Employment
- Insurance Benefits
- Referral Bonus Program
- Temp-to-Hire Job Opportunities
- Free Training Programs
- Direct Deposit | Money Network Cards
Tidewater Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer*