Directs and coordinates activities of production department in processing materials or products in an shipyard atmosphere by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews production orders and schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations.
- Plan production operations daily to meet Schedules.
- Coordinate with day shift Project Manager to assure Production is in one accord.
- Coordinate with Subcontract coordinator when need to.
- Make sure all containment is intact to contain dust.
- Make sure sandblast grit is removed in a timely manner to not hold up Production for the next Morning.
- Prepares operation schedules and coordinates activities to ensure production and quality of products meet specifications.
- Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observe workers to ensure compliance with safety and production standards.
- Resolves worker grievances or submits unsettled grievances to Production Manager for action.
- 2 years of college education or 10 years experience in the field.
- Must be capable of calculating various formulas such as determining man-hours, square feet, cubic feet and volume.
- Blueprint reading skills.
- Requires climbing ladders, stairways and crawling in tanks and voids.
- Must be able to analyze a situation for hazards and interpret the specifications to ensure proper safety procedures are being utilized.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft word, Microsoft access and excel.
- Shipyard Office and onsite environment.
Tidewater Staffing Offers:
- Weekly Pay
- Full-Time Employment
- Insurance Benefits
- Referral Bonus Program
- Temp-to-Hire Job Opportunities
- Free Training Programs
- Direct Deposit | Money Network Cards