Accountable for all aspects of associated Cost, Schedule, Quality and Safety. Understands the FRP and paint processes and customer requirements. Establish priorities, execute FRP and paint tasks, track progress and readjust as required to achieve success.
This position requires that the person be a highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work as a team player while displaying strong leadership skills. Must have a thorough knowledge of all manufacturing methods, techniques, and procedures related to fabrication and lamination of composites and the knowledge of resins, adhesives, paints and other coatings applicable to the marine industry.
- Provide daily updates to supervisor regarding work progress and conflicts.
- Employee must be able to prep, mask, sand and spray paint.
- Execute part prep, moving parts, paint parts, paint spotter
- Execute associated sandblasting tasks (spotter, trouble shoot equipment, sand movement and inspection upon completion)
- Trouble shoot spray equipment
- Inspection of parts and boats prior to Q.A. inspection and delivery
- Paint touch ups
- Spray equipment maintenance
- Maintain paint inventory
- Maintain tidy work area
- Assist in facility maintenance tasks
- Assist Supervisors as needed
- 3 + years’ experience in all different types of marine composite lamination including fiberglass, carbon fiber, Kevlar and core panel.
- Knowledgeable in various spray systems, paints, catalyst their specific curing specifications.
- Employee must also be able to reconnoiter problem areas and how to correct them.
- Employee must have strong attention to detail.
- Must also be able to laminate and install hull structural components including stringers, bulkheads, frames and deck components.
- Must also be knowledgeable in different types of epoxy, polyester, vinyl resins and other related materials.
- Must be experienced in building mock-ups, fabricating large and small parts per specifications, hull touch-up, troubleshooting and repairs, painting, gel coat, and finish work.
- Must be familiar with product construction and application while working with engineers to develop and apply new products and techniques to industry standards.
- Must have complete knowledge of production scheduling and shop operations.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations.
- Manages tasks while following established procedures and approved processes while implementing companies’ safety procedures.
- Must be computer literate, particularly in shop floor control, production planning, and inventory control applications.
- US Citizen
Tidewater Staffing Offers:
- Weekly Pay
- Full-Time Employment
- Insurance Benefits
- Referral Bonus Program
- Temp-to-Hire Job Opportunities
- Free Training Programs
- Direct Deposit | Money Network Cards