Job Title: Marine Estimator
Compensation: $80k – $120K Compensation is based on experience and skill level.
Job Type: Full-time
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Completes proposals, submittals, estimates, and bid summary sheets.
- Identifies and communicates all special requirements on estimates to owners.
- Identifies and communicates all bonding/security requirements to owners and controllers.
- Thoroughly reviews all customer specifications, drawings, and technical data.
- Develops a detailed itemized listing of required work tasks based on a review of the bid request.
- Produces labor, material, and subcontractor price estimates for all required work.
- Produces craft hours and subcontractor estimates on projects.
- Develops long lead and critical material list as required.
- Prepares estimates for Change Orders on new and existing projects.
- Develops craft labor budgets for planning and scheduling of project work.
- Analyzes subcontractor quotes to determine the best choices for sourcing
- Compares subcontractors to in-house costs in order to make outsourcing decisions.
- Works with Production Managers to develop repair or new-build production plans.
- Conducts turnover meetings for transfer of bid packages to Production Managers.
- Analyzes work sequencing and durations to produce the project production schedule.
- Utilizes historical cost data in order to develop accurate bid standards.
- Researches and develops new cost standards for work where no historical data exists.
- Identifies and resolves ambiguities in specifications or bid packages.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Demonstrates teamwork and cooperation with other departments and employees.
- Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
- Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Provide leadership to all team members in accordance with company policy and procedures during the project development.
- Monitor and report on activities and provide relevant management information to customers and upper management.
- Other duties as assigned
- US work authorization (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Must have three (4) or more years of experience
- Shift – Day (nights may and can be required based on schedule and workload)
- Pass a drug test
- Bachelor’s degree in a suitable field and a minimum of five (5) years of marine and engineering experience, or an Associate’s Degree with at least 10 years of experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, Outlook, and Project.
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD is a plus.
- Able to read and understand ship blueprints.
- Strong communication skills: written and verbal.
- Must be able to communicate with employees of varying education levels and maintain positive employee relations.
- Must be a highly organized person who can monitor numerous projects at once and can prioritize the workloads of reporting employees.
- Effective time management skills are a must.
Work is performed in both offices and customer facilities, shipyards, and vessels.
Must be able to access all areas of shipyard and company property including shipyard and shipyard offices, dry docks, and terminals in all types of weather conditions. Use of safety equipment, such as a hard hat and safety glasses, and steel-toed shoes is required. Some overtime and on-call status are required and employees may be required to work more than the normal 40-hour week, including weekends. Regular and predictable attendance is required for this position.
Base Access: Must be able to obtain and maintain access to U.S Military bases and private shipyards for the performance of job duties.
Tidewater Staffing Offers:
- Weekly Pay
- Full-Time Employment
- Insurance Benefits
- Referral Bonus Program
- Temp-to-Hire Job Opportunities
- Free Training Programs
- Direct Deposit | Money Network Cards