Installs, tests, and troubleshoots marine navigation systems, communication systems, fire and safety systems and propulsion control systems per marine electrical codes, drawings and schematics. Fabricates consoles, switchgears and other types of enclosures for electrical and electronics packages per marine electrical codes, drawings and schematics. Pulls and terminates wires and cables. Performs special projects and miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- 2+ years in marine electrical, electronics and/or communication.
- DBIDS or the ability to obtain
- Associate degree or Certificate in electrical studies preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must be familiar with electrician’s tools, test equipment and test procedures.
- Must be flexible to assume additional duties as assigned.
- Proficient operating power tools.
- Proficient reading and taking measurements.
- Must observe all safety procedures are being followed
- Must possess the ability to work in any condition like bending, twisting and standing to execute normal job duties.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen, physical and background check
- Must have the ability to obtain a passport
- Willing to travel
Tidewater Staffing Offers:
- Weekly Pay
- Full-Time Employment
- Insurance Benefits
- Referral Bonus Program
- Temp-to-Hire Job Opportunities
- Free Training Programs
- Direct Deposit | Money Network Cards