Marine Carpenter performs intricate joins, carpentry repair tasks on and off boats with minimal supervision and where no detailed plans may be available.
Job duties include but not limited to:
- To perform carpentry work required prior to sandblasting operations by making wooden plugs, blanks and environmental wooden containment sheds.
- Receives work orders and prints or sketches for the job.
- Make sketches showing construction details for the job.
- Estimates material requirements or equipment needed to perform job.
- Sets up and operates wood working tools to cut, form and finish materials for the job.
- Erects or dismantles structures, repairs or refinishes walls or structures.
- Lubricates and maintains carpenter shop equipment.
- construction of ship parts and frames, structural assembly and repairs, the finishing of ship surfaces, and inspections of finished crafts.
- able to interpret marine vessel work orders and plan projects to include developing a bill of materials to complete the project.
- working with a variety of materials, such as wood, fiberglass, and aluminum.
- study building plans and architectural drawings.
- select building materials.
- measure and cut materials to the right size and shape.
- construct building frames and install cladding on the inside and outside of buildings.
- install windows, staircases and doors.
- High school or equivalent, 1-2 years experience.
- Marine carpentry experienced highly favorable
- Carpentry exp required
- Blueprint exp
- Organized with an attention to detail
- Walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 50lbs.
- Shipyard environment involving working in cramped quarters, high places, and hazardous conditions loud noises, wearing specialized protective equipment.
- Must have own transportation
- Background check
Tidewater Staffing Offers:
- Weekly Pay
- Full-Time Employment
- Insurance Benefits
- Referral Bonus Program
- Temp-to-Hire Job Opportunities
- Free Training Programs
- Direct Deposit | Money Network Cards
Tidewater Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer*