Mon-Fri 7am-3pm then Wed-Sat after training. $14/hr
The laboratory assistant will be helping our laboratory operators to inspect and test the product manufactured in our plant. It includes walking through the plant to take samples of the products, taking measurements, bring samples to the laboratory and actually test the material. Finally, data entry of the information obtained in the process.
– Operation of laboratory machines and instruments such as : micrometer, calipers, precision
scales, tensile machines, ovens.
– Taking samples of products from production. Use of utility knives and other cutting
instruments for cutting pieces of plastics to be tested.
– Doing our standard set of tests to products and raw materials (training will be provided).
– Critical analysis of the results to detect non-conformities or nonsense results – some ability
for math and rational thinking is necessary.
– Keeping daily logs and samples.
– Keeping the laboratory area and instruments clean and tidy.
– Data entry in spreadsheets and other company software.
– Accurately sort and save all the information of the Quality Control process in the company
servier and software.
– Preparing quality certificates using our company software.
– Preparing commercial samples of our product.
- Good ability for numbers and math – estimation of averages, detecting deviations from
expected values, etc.
- Quality Control requires the maximum attention and responsibility.
- High School or GED minimum requirement.
- Higher education related to Quality Control, Physics or Chemistry will be valued.Familiarity with metric system will be valued.
- Advance-level in spreadsheets use.
- Experience in manufacturing quality control will be valued.Experience in laboratory environments will be valued.
Tidewater Staffing Offers:
- Weekly Pay
- Full-Time Employment
- Insurance Benefits
- Referral Bonus Program
- Temp-to-Hire Job Opportunities
- Free Training Programs
- Direct Deposit | Money Network Cards