Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs routine inspections of facility work site to identify potential hazards or areas of non-compliance with company policies and permits and applicable regulations.
- Works with Operations personnel to resolve identified HSE issues and reports up to the HSE Manager.
- Serves as HSE Representative to assigned projects and ensures compliance with HSE policies and regulations on the assigned project at all times.
- Coordinates all work related permits including painting to assigned projects.
- Reports to Safety office to update project safety board on any changes to assigned project.
- Directs Shipyard Competent Person activities to ensure assigned project confined spaces are tested as required and tags and logs are updated.
- Documents temperature readings daily in confined and enclosed spaces.
- Positions and maintains emergency equipment such as life rings, fire extinguishers, eye wash stations, and rescue boxes.
- Attends and leads safety discussion at project meetings. Documents minutes on HSE Meeting Agenda form.
- Composes and communicates a daily turn over form to relieving shift and submits for filling.
- Conducts routine yard inspections of fire extinguishers, eye wash stations and any other hazards that are identified.
- Conducts Incident/Accident investigations using appropriate Incident Report documentation.
- Assists in maintaining yard MSDS books up to date.
- Maintains first aid office housekeeping on a routine basis.
- Conducts calibration and maintenance on all Gas monitors and maintains a record log.
- Collects and submits all hot work work permits, JSA’s and SOR forms to the Safety office for filling.
- Assists in conducting routine inventory count to maintain adequate amounts of medical treatment supplies.
- Serves as part of the Gulf Copper’s emergency response team.
- Performs other duties and services to ensure successful projects are delivered and clients are satisfied.
Required Education & Experience:
- Two year Safety technician degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Shipyard Competent Person trained.
- First aid/CPR trained.
- Open-air conditions such as noisy, hot, cold, as well as in an office controlled environment.
- Must wear hearing, eye, head protection and proper PPE.
- Some climbing (100 feet) and lifting (50 lbs.) involved.
- Traverse gangways and scaffolding at varying heights while wearing fall prevention equipment.
- Working with hot and sometimes hazardous materials.
- Aboard ships, rigs, both on and offshore as well as in confined spaces.
- The work may require standing on a variety of surfaces and at differing angles, bending over, crouching and climbing up and over obstructions such as scaffolding, ladders, and internal barge and boat structural members.
- Ability to work under deadlines and schedule pressures.
- Strong Organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High performance and a strong team player.
- Commitment to company values, policies and procedures and safety program.
Tidewater Staffing Offers:
- Weekly Pay
- Full-Time Employment
- Insurance Benefits
- Referral Bonus Program
- Temp-to-Hire Job Opportunities
- Free Training Programs
- Direct Deposit | Money Network Cards
Tidewater Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer*