Responsible for operating rolling stock to load and unload vessels, trucks, trailers and/or railcars.
• Be at designated work station and ready to work at the start of the designated shift
• Perform daily checks of rolling stock and report any maintenance requirements to the supervisor.
• Properly operate equipment including heavy equipment on below list after receiving training from
Seagate Terminals for each piece of equipment and then being observed to demonstrate proficiency in all
aspects of operating each piece of equipment.
• Load trucks, trailers and/or railcars in accordance with picking ticket provided by Customer Service
• Notify Customer Service when a load is completed and verbally confirm load information
• Load and Unload vessels, barges, trucks, trailers and/or railcars
• Perform position assigned duties at docks or other areas of the terminal as trained and according to needs
of terminal operations.
• Execute daily work instructions and perform other duties as assigned from Supervisor in a timely manner.
• Maintain and take care of any assigned equipment, tools and uniforms
Heavy Equipment List
• Volvo L120
• Volvo L180
• Cat 914
• Cat 926
• Cat 938
• Genie S60
• Genie 105
• Bronson Sweeper
• JD 544
• Cat 1055
• To “Tag Out” any equipment that is in need of maintenance
• To give instructions to Material Handler I (not disciplinary action)
• Must be flexible with work schedule to accommodate incoming vessels and barges coming to port at any
time 24 hours a day, seven days a week including holidays and weekends.
• Must pass all required safety and terminal operations training.
• To work safely and incident free.
• Must wear necessary personal protection equipment at all times.
• Must utilize two-way radio communications, respond to all radio checks and radio summons.
• Must work in an environment that is mainly outside with exposure to heat, cold and rain or in buildings
without heating or air conditioning.
• Must work in an environment with exposure to mud, dirt, dust and other small air borne particles.
• Establish and maintain good customer relations with drivers and treat them in a respectful manner
• Ensure the safety and well being of drivers while on SG property
• Immediately report any problems, unsafe conditions or hostile situations to the supervisor for resolution.
Tidewater Staffing Offers:
- Weekly Pay
- Full-Time Employment
- Insurance Benefits
- Referral Bonus Program
- Temp-to-Hire Job Opportunities
- Free Training Programs
- Direct Deposit | Money Network Cards