Tidewater Staffing is seeking an experienced Firewatcher/Powertooler !
Job duties include but not limited to:
- Accomplish basic cutting, drilling, and grinding operations as needed to support mechanics in the accomplishments of their tasks.
- Ensure that the designated hot work area is clean and free of combustible materials before hot work is started.
- Warn other personnel of danger, or to evacuate, by verbal or other prearranged method of communication.
- Run lines and leads to the work site in a safe manner.
- Transport material and tools to the worksite as required.
- Wash tanks and bilges as required to support the Gas Freeing, preservation preparations, or tank closing operations.
- MUST HAVE RESUME SHOWING FIREWATCH EXPERIENCE
- Comprehend basic instructions and general correspondence.
- Be able to clearly communicate verbally to warn others of fire or other danger.
- Possess the skills required of a Fire Watch.
- Have experience using small power tools and hand tools in a production environment.
- Be able to wear clothing appropriate for the task. No exposed jewelry shall be worn while working.
- Finger nails shall be short.
- Long hair shall be worn in pony tail or wrapped for protection and should not interfere with hard hat.
- Ability to wear PPE, especially respirators.
- Lift/push/pull 75 lbs lbs on an occasional basis (0-33% of the day).
- Lift/push/pull up to 20 – 30 lbs on a frequent basis (34-66% of the day).
- Perform prolonged standing (2-3 hours). Bend, squat crouch, crawl and kneel.
- Climb in a safe manner (climbing, includes stairs, scaffolding, ladders and ramps).
Tidewater Staffing Offers:
- Weekly Pay
- Full-Time Employment
- Multiple Shifts
- Insurance Benefits
- Long-term Job Opportunities
- OSHA Training | Training Programs
- Direct Deposit | Money Network Cards
Tidewater Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer*