Disassembles, assembles equipment to make repairs or routine maintenance by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Routinely observes and listens to operating equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions and determine need for adjustment or repairs.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, machine parts list or specifications to determine type of parts required.
- Measures, marks and scribes reference points prior to disassembly of parts.
- Dismantles machine or equipment to examine parts for defect or to remove defective part.
- Replaces defective part with new part or repairs if possible.
- Assembles and test operates machine to verify correction of malfunction.
- Welds brackets and other materials when needed.
- Maintains and lubricates machine tools and equipment in accordance with planned maintenance schedule.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma and 3 years experience in equipment maintenance field.
- Must be able to obtain HII ACCESS
- Must be able to read and comprehend complicated drawings and manufactures instruction manuals. Must be familiar with all safety procedures and lockout/tagout procedures.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and the ability to maintain qualification for vehicle insurance coverage.
- Must be able to lift about 70 lbs. Climb stairways, vertical and inclined ladders. Crawl in tanks and voids. Kneeling, standing, sitting, crouching and stooping. Must be able to work with hands for a long period of time.
- Shipyard environment involving cramped quarters, high places, hazardous conditions and loud noises, wearing specialized protective equipment indoors or outdoors.
Tidewater Staffing Offers:
- Weekly Pay
- Full-Time Employment
- Insurance Benefits
- Referral Bonus Program
- Temp-to-Hire Job Opportunities
- Free Training Programs
- Direct Deposit | Money Network Cards
Tidewater Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer*