Position Summary Position is responsible for the overall operation of the Edge Glue machine to meet or exceed the company goals of safety, quality and productivity. Position assumes the edge glue operator primary and secondary functions during the absence of the operator from the machine center.
Operational knowledge of all aspects of the Moulder and Edge Glue machine (from the infeed chain through the pull chain) including starting and stopping the system, setups and changeovers, as well as maintaining acceptable production efficiency and quality levels. Complete understanding of quality control tests including how to perform them and how to correct problems uncovered by poor test results. Complete understanding of grading and stacking standards as well as accountability that procedures are followed.
- Complete understanding of procedures for recording and tagging of finished units of lumber at the pull chain as well as accountability that procedures are followed.
- Ability to complete the daily shift reports in neat, accurate, timely manner.
- Knowledge of the press cycle as it pertains to various lengths and thickness in varying ambient conditions, and how to adjust the machine for these variables.
- Complete understanding of the glue mix standards and procedures as well as accountability that procedures are followed.
- Ability to safely set up the panel saw in a timely and efficient manner.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of plant safety and operational policies and procedures and the ability to apply them on a daily basis.
- Ability to effectively direct and communicate with Puller and Moulder personnel to achieve daily tasks and production goals.
- Ability to perform preventative maintenance and simple repairs.
- Ability to keep the Plant Manager informed of pending safety, quality or productivity issues.
- Ability to maintain a neat and orderly work area.
- Ability to maintain an effective logbook.
- Ability to effectively communicate issues regarding the Edge Glue machine to peers at the weekly team leader meetings.
Tidewater Staffing Offers:
- Weekly Pay
- Full-Time Employment
- Insurance Benefits
- Referral Bonus Program
- Temp-to-Hire Job Opportunities
- Free Training Programs
- Direct Deposit | Money Network Cards