As a corrosion control technician, your duties are to install, clean, and perform maintenance on structures made of materials that are prone to corrode.
- Prepare all types of surfaces for preservation.
- Removes old paint and debris from all types of substrates by; Scraping, Chipping and Sanding.
- Operate; 3,000 to 5,000PSI Pressure Washers and wash surfaces to remove grease, rust, scale, and dirt.
- Operate 40,000PSI Ultra-High Pressure Water Jetting equipment.
- Mix Solvents and Coatings accurately to formula.
- Apply coatings in accordance with specifications and good marine practice.
- Capable of brush and roll painting for passing most inspection processes
- Be familiar with and exercise proper procedures for; painting in confined spaces.
- Control costs in assigned area of responsibility.
- Complete tasks with moderate supervision
- Other duties may be assigned as workload requirements dictate.
- Understand and act upon simple instruction
- Work independently to complete job assignments
- Must have regular, reliable attendance
- All safety requirements including Firewatch
- Prefer DBIDS eligible
The following tools are expected to be part of the 3rd Class Corrosion Control Technician’s, employee provided and maintained toolbox:
- Tool bag or Toolbox
- “5 in 1” Painter’s Tool
- Large Wire BrushFlashlight
- Tape Measure
- Utility Knife (“Box Cutter”)
- Wire Cutter
- Adjustable wrenches (10” & 12”)
- Flat Tip Screwdrivers
- “Channel-lock” Pliers
Tidewater Staffing Offers:
- Weekly Pay
- Full-Time Employment
- Insurance Benefits
- Referral Bonus Program
- Temp-to-Hire Job Opportunities
- Free Training Programs
- Direct Deposit | Money Network Cards
Tidewater Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer*