Responsible for leading workers and ensuring containment is erected properly & safely onboard U.S. Navy vessels is in accordance with established procedures. Containment will prevent fugitive dusts and spray paint from escaping established areas. Modifications, repairs and tear-down of containment will be required. Knowledge of hanging Tarps; applying Shrink wrap and/or monoflex to contain sandblast dust and overspray. Using Plugs, felt material, wooden blanks, etc. to assure fugitive dusts do not enter the ship. Continuously ensures fall protection and no-dropped item procedures are properly maintained. Move material properly and safely usually utilizing JLGs following established procedures for crew and workers below safety.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that proper Safety procedures are followed by self and all crewmembers
- Ensure that proper lifting & carrying techniques are followed
- Ensure that the pathway to be utilized is understood and hazard assessments are completed
- Watch for and immediately correct violations of other crew members
- Strict compliance with No-Falling Items allowed procedures
- Must have knowledge, skills and abilities to erect, maintain, fix, repair and tear-down all containment systems used by MAC.
- Completed Containment or Rigging Courses will be beneficial; Knowledge of Shipyard & Containment requirements; Knowledge of staging material will be beneficial.
- Ability to build containment/staging using accepted methods; safety of all personnel is paramount.
- Working at heights and operation of aerial lifts (JLGs) required.
- Work at heights and lead others to a common goal. Lifting of up-to 35-pounds may be required. Able to travel through vessel that may require occasional bending and squatting. Daily climbing & descending ladders. Walking at least a mile a day should be expected. Working at heights on interior and exterior staging; over water; in dry-dock; etc. will be confronted.
- Shipyard environment; aboard ship (vessel) work
Tidewater Staffing Offers:
- Weekly Pay
- Full-Time Employment
- Insurance Benefits
- Referral Bonus Program
- Temp-to-Hire Job Opportunities
- Free Training Programs
- Direct Deposit | Money Network Cards