Construction Laborers are responsible for performing various heavy physical work at our construction sites and building grounds in Virginia Beach. You will also be helping with the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel. A shuttle will take you from the meeting location to the work-site.
Start time is 6:30am 12 hour shifts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, erect scaffolding, clean up rubble and debris, and remove asbestos, lead, and other hazardous waste materials.
- Signals equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, or adjustment of machinery, equipment, or materials.
- Load, unload, or identify building materials, machinery, or tools, distributing them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans or specifications.
- Assist other craft workers as needed
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Must be able to communicate with others to convey information effectively.
- Must demonstrate attention to details
- Must be knowledgeable of safety procedures and practices
- Able to frequently do the following: lifting, bending, climbing, standing, walking, and kneeling
- Candidates with High School Diploma are strongly preferred
- Experienced construction employees are strongly preferred
Tidewater Staffing Offers:
- Weekly Pay
- Full-Time Employment
- Insurance Benefits
- Referral Bonus Program
- Temp-to-Hire Job Opportunities
- Free Training Programs
- Direct Deposit | Money Network Cards
Tidewater Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer*