- Pay depending on experience
- Shift to be discussed
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for coordinating the procurement of least complex components and parts in order to maintain proper levels of production and operation.
- Reviews and analyzes procurement requirements in MRP (Material Requirement Planning), monitoring inventory levels, reconciling inventory levels with planning schedules, and placing orders to maintain inventory levels.
- Schedules deliveries to maximize inventory needs, following up on deliveries by communicating with suppliers, determining excess and obsolete material and making recommendations on disposition of such items, and negotiating with suppliers on consignment inventories.
- Researches and develops competent suppliers of high quality components by preparing bids, proposals, or other informational requests that contain material specification and supplier operational data. Analyzes requested materials, assessing financial stability and manufacturing capabilities of suppliers.
- Maintains positive relations with existing suppliers
- Visits supplier locations to negotiate prices, review and analyze operations, and check quality
- Works with other department personnel, such as Production, Quality Assurance, Engineering, etc. to rectify defective or unacceptable goods or incorporate technical needs into future bids and proposals. Refers more complex problems or issues to higher level Procurement Buyers or to supervisor,
- Maintains records and documentation pertaining to past activities, order specifications, supplier specifications and performance histories, etc. and provides information to management as needed.
- Works with Accounts Payable to ensure timely payment of conforming materials received and return/rework of materials that are defective. Approves invoices for payment,
- Maintains currency with respect to technical and professional skills by attending training classes, special technical and administration courses, seminars, exhibits and trade shows as needed
Required Education and/or Experience
- 4 year college degree in related discipline or experience equivalent.
- Attention to detail
- Warehouse experience preferred
- Background check
Tidewater Staffing Offers:
- Weekly Pay
- Full-Time Employment
- Insurance Benefits
- Referral Bonus Program
- Temp-to-Hire Job Opportunities
- Free Training Programs
- Direct Deposit | Money Network Cards
Tidewater Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer*