If you are a Brush & Roll Painter and want to work alongside other proven Craftsmen who emphasize safety, productivity, and superior workmanship, this is your chance to advance your career!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to apply coatings while maintaining desired thickness
- Experience working in a physically demanding environment; confined spaces, working at heights, and use of half-face and full-face respiratory equipment.
- Use both power tools and hand tools in preparing the foundation surfaces for preservation
- Must have knowledge of shipyard practices for surface preparation, masking appropriate areas and general painting prep of assemblies
- Prepares wood, fiberglass, and metal surfaces for painting, and paints parts, equipment, interiors, and exteriors of ships, boats, and shipyard and marina buildings, using brushes, spray guns, and rollers
- Fills cracks and holes with patching plaster, putty, or plastic wood.
- Operates spray painting equipment or brushes or rolls paint on surfaces. Sands surfaces between coats and polishes final coat to specified finish
- Cleans and maintains tools and equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience working in a physically demanding environment; confined spaces, working at heights
- Be respirator fit tested and trained in respiratory safety per OSHA standards
- Understand and carry out verbal directions given by supervisor
- Understand and obey all posted warning, caution, notification and/or hazards signs posted on a job site
- A criminal background check may be required
- Current TWIC badge a plus
- Reliable transportation a must
No overtime is guaranteed, but some projects do require overtime. This could be more than 40 hours during the normal Monday Friday work week, work on the weekends or both. Some projects do have a night shift. You will be expected to be at work on all days/nights assigned.
Newport News Location: Pay: $18-$20/hr Must be able to get access to Newport News Shipbuilding Yard.
Tidewater Staffing Offers:
- Weekly Pay
- Full-Time Employment
- Insurance Benefits
- Referral Bonus Program
- Temp-to-Hire Job Opportunities
- Free Training Programs
- Direct Deposit | Money Network Cards